Economics 

Creating values for a long-term development.

Steering our company in the best interests of all our stakeholders

Steering our company in the best interests of all our stakeholders

Economic stability is one of our five founding values.

Our experience stems from over a century of history.

From our initial affiliation to the textile industry, we have learned the value of being part of structured ecosystems. Overtime, we have invested in industrial plants and laboratories in diverse locations becoming active part of advanced districts specialized in textiles, leather, ceramics, petroleum and agriculture. The cultural environments of those productive eco-systems have benefited the growth of our scientific knowledge as well as our proficiency cluster.

Economic stability allows us to successfully deliver on our expressed commitments such as developing high performance products in compliance with the most demanding regulatory standards, according to market requirements as well as our ethical values, thus providing benefits in terms of both sustainability and performance.

Economic Value

In 2019, Lamberti generated a direct economic value equal to over € 508 million, a slight increase of 0.6% compared to 2018.  Approximately 90% of the economic value created that year was distributed to stakeholders, while the remaining 10% was retained within the company.  The predominant share (77%) of the total distributed value went to suppliers while 20% went to personnel.

Thanks to our Research & Development (R&D) team of 182 scientists, in 2019 we launched 90 new products in comparison to 77 launched the previous year.

Innovation is monitored by measuring the yearly turnover generated by NIPs (New and Improved products, launched over the last 5 years).  In 2019 NIPs accounted for 24.6 % of the total turnover. 

R&D expenses increased by 6% compared to the previous year, reaching a total of €17.9 million in 2019.  The percentage of R&D expenditure with respect to total turnover grew from 3.4% in 2018 to 3.6% in 2019.

Economic Value