Our Ideas for the Future
Transformation and Growth.
We are committed to the wellness and well-being of people and planet: to feed the world, to feel and live better, to grow new practices and solutions, to optimize the performance of products.
One of our founding values rests on a Sustainable Industrial Development as “developing technologies, processes and products while ensuring people’s safety, safeguarding the environment and protecting the community.”
Sustainability has been a hallmark since our founding, strengthened in 1997 when we joined the Responsible Care® program of the World Chemical Industry to promote a Sustainable Development.
Our Sustainability journey, however, has taken a renewed Group-wide commitment with the publication of our first Sustainability Report for 2019. The report, which the company will publish yearly in accordance with GRI guidelines, assumes several commitments
We develop, manage and manufacture ingredients, molecules, solutions that generate value while minimizing their impact on the environment.
We involve a wide variety of technologies to produce solutions that are innovative, effective and reliable and that meet the demands of our customers
- We intend to reduce our Emissions by 2021 to < 71,340 t CO2 and to achieve within year 2022, 40% of our manufacturing sites certified ISO 14001:2015.
- We aim to reduce our Water Consumption by 15% within 2023 (in 2019 we withdrew 867 megalithres of water worldwide).
- We involve ourselves in a Reforestation Project. This program will be completed in 2022 in the area adjacent to the Waste Water Treatment plant at our Italian factory in Albizzate.
- Waste reduction: our target is to achieve 30% of our waste to be reused, recycled or recovered by 2022.
The company is a place of social recomposition, of compensation for discrepancies, a place where people can grow together. In which to feel comfortable in making a life experience by testing yourself, pursuing the right results. The company is a place where wealth is created: social, behavioral, therefore economic.
- Supporting women entrepreneurs in Brazil in partnership with our team at Lamberti Brasil Produtos Químicos and a local NGO on a social project committed to gender equality and sustainable communities, among others, will be implemented in 2021.
Our Innovation process is open and multidisciplinary to include the fields of Chemistry, Biology and Physics.
The concept of Customer/Product evolved to User Need/Function and must now focus on Global Challenge/Solution.
We aim to widen the horizon, think about the day after tomorrow and anticipate future needs.
- We are going to adopt Product Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) with a comprehensive analysis of our products' ecological footprint. This process will be implemented progressively in several business sectors by 2021. Additionally, our target is to obtain the Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) process certification and publication of type III environmental label, by 2022.
- The evaluation of Natural Based Products will be enlarged to include our entire product portfolio by 2021.
- Our products portfolio coming from renewable raw materials will increase to 35% by 2022.